Donna Backshall's Reviews > 29 Seconds

29 Seconds by T.M. Logan

19450056
While I appreciate that the author was trying to bring awareness to an important and timely topic, sexual harrassment in the workplace, with the unique twist of a moral test thrown in, I really hated this novel and its wholly pathetic main character.

Review to come, once I figure out how to use my words to effectively express my disappointment and disbelief.

----------------------------
Review time!

29 Seconds was an insanely simplistic book about a woman who was being sexually harassed at work and felt helpless in confronting the issue. She happens into an unrelated situation where she kinda, sorta does the right thing and her reward is the proffered option to get rid of someone, anyone, and we're all thinking "yeah, duh --the sleazebag terrorizing your worklife."

"You give me one name. One person. And I will make them disappear. For you."

"I don't have a name to give you. There isn't anyone."

"Nonsense. Everyone has someone they would like to punish. To have just a little bit more just in the world."

"Maybe I'm the exception."

He considered her for a long moment. "Are you sure?"

Of course she's sure. The a**hole she works for, Professor Hawthorne, deserves to be taken down. But she's too scared and pathetic to own her own feelings or her own success, so she second guesses everything ten times over.

I could not stand Sarah as a character. We're supposed to like her and root for her in 29 Seconds, but we don't. We can't. She wasn't brave, she wasn't strong, she wasn't a leader. Any thoughts of greatness she held were never turned into action. She stumbles through life, and feels like injustice just keeps finding her.

A woman would not have written this book, and *this* woman wishes she hadn't read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 29 Seconds.

March 11, 2019 – Shelved