Erin's Reviews > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction, netgalley-arcs, young-adult

I’m loathe to use ‘text speak’ or modern colloquialisms in a review but this is one woke novel.

Let’s set aside the hacking and wicked computer coding skills, because this is only a small part of the story, and let’s be honest here - well over my comprehension.

Sex education is not a how to. I repeat it is NOT A HOW TO. Teenagers have, are and will continue to engage in sexual behaviour regardless of their level of education in it. The importance of such education is to ensure that they go into it with armed with enough knowledge to make an informed choice. This is something severely lacking in modern curriculums. So I naturally loved the idea of an anonymous, supportive and helpful blog where young women could ask the tough questions and get the help they needed when other avenues were not open to them.

But the hook for this book for me is dealing with the trauma and stress of a sexual assault. The guilt, the self doubt, the protective walls, and the total fear of letting a new person in after such an event.

All of it was treated so tenderly, so sensitively, that it’s basically a novelisation of an Ask Me Anything blog.

Well written, well-developed characters, Well done!

Thank you to Molly E. Lee, Entangled Publishing LLC, and NetGalley, I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me Anything.

March 11, 2019 – Started Reading