Ashley's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Feb 08, 2012

Read from February 08 to 12, 2012

There was a big part of me that didn't want to love this book. The hype of it all. Are these books actually good? I mean, millions of people like the Twilight series, so we know that just because the masses are on board doesn't mean a book is any good.

Turns out I had nothing to fear. This was one of the most interesting books I've read in a while. I devoured it and found myself trying to find moments anywhere that I could keep reading. Suzanne Collins created a world I never could have dreamed of with characters that you can't help but want to fight for. The minute the book ended I had to force myself to stop and take a break since the urge to immediately begin reading book two was so strong. I can't wait to see what happens next in this horrible world Collins has created.

The only lasting question I find myself having is, am I as a reader intended to be just as bad as the creators of the Hunger Games? I was so captivated by every twist and turn in the games, wanting to see what would happen next, just as the creators of this horrible game intend and just as Katniss despised. It just keeps having me wonder if the reader is supposed to feel a little guilty for loving the drama of it all. Wouldn't Katniss actually want us to be disgusted by it all instead of wanting more?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Sarah I am SO glad you loved this book. I've been holding my breath - because I've been wondering if my love of it were crazy, like those lovers of Twilight. I so love this series. Mark's intention was to resell it straight back to the bookstore (they can't keep it on the shelves), but I can't get rid of them. It would be too sad to see them go.

Rachel G. Movie comes out in March!!

Ashley I cant wait!!!