Melissa In The City's Reviews > Mother Knows Best

Mother Knows Best by Kira Peikoff

bookshelves: arc, netgalley, crazy-women, emotional-read, mothers, tragically-sad

Mother Knows Best was a totally unique read for me. It was fused together with bio genetics, the aching need to be a mother, and the will of that mother to protect her child no matter the cost.
The scientific aspect was easy enough to follow along with and is really very interesting. It definitely made me wonder "what if" this could really happen? The parent aspect tug on my heart strings and had me crying into my kindle. The characters were relatable and I couldn't help but feel everything they were feeling. The author did a wonderful job at creating "real people". I absolutely loved Claire, the main character.
The twists in this book were incredible as well and tied the whole book together. The ending made me cry. Again.

The cover is simple, yet beautiful and it definitely ties the book together like a package. It symbolizes SO much of this book and I love how the braid is symbolic of DNA strands. Brilliant.

Thank you #NetGalley, the author and the Publisher for my free ARC in exchange for my honest opinion,

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mother Knows Best.

March 11, 2019 – Started Reading