D.M.'s Reviews > Immerse

Immerse by Tobie Easton

Immerse is the third and final chapter in the Mer Chronicles. I like mythical romance stories and I’ve enjoyed this series. This is a continuous story and although book 3 contains catch up information I would not recommend it as a standalone. Immerse is slow off the mark as it begins and I think this is due to the background refresher. I read the previous books last year so I liked having the catch-up, but I thought there was a little too much.

Lia and Melusine are emery’s but they both want what is outside the Mer laws. Lia’s boyfriend is a human and the only reason the mermaids were saved. The law says a human cannot know about mermaids. They wipe Clay's memories, but their bond is too strong. Now Clay wants to be like Lia. They want forever after together.

Melusine is hurting from her father's mistake. She is not under arrest herself but has to live by strict rules. She hates the life she is living and everyone in it.

Caspian is Lia’s best-friend but after everything that went down, he needs some space. He knows there is more to Melusine than she lets people see. He is drawn to her like a moth to a flame. The hate in her heart is strong, but Caspian surprises her at every step.

This is the final chapter but can everyone get what they want? With mythology and legends can the Mer chronicles find a happy ending for everyone.

I’ve enjoyed this series. I’m sad this is the last book and will be looking for more from this author. The ending fitted perfectly and I was hooked to every last page.

I’ve joined the blog tour and received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

#mystery #suspense #fantasy #legend #mythology #romance
A fabulous # combination.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immerse.

March 10, 2019 – Shelved