Alexandria Woods's Reviews > The Alpha's Concubine

The Alpha's Concubine by Claudia King

F 50x66

liked it

Okay Read if You Can Stomach the Beginning

Netya at the beginning of the book was puzzling to me and I very nearly put the book down. The Moon People were feared rivals and the first time Netya interacted with them it was to be abducted by their Alpha. But she had to hold on to the wolf carrying hey away which she did with no protest or fight to get away or back to the people she grew up with including her family and a young man she was interested in. Carried along to a new place to become the Alpha's concubine. She redeemed herself a little throughout the book though how she spent most of her time trying to assimilate instead of escape, especially in the beginning is beyond, especially when she was clearly not readily welcomed into the pack. Some of the scenes are strange to understand Netya's reasoning and she develops an enemy in the pack which colors some events negatively for her in the eyes of the pack. The Khelt and Caspian situation was not fraught with angst and bitterness as one would think and most things are tied up nicely in the end.

Watching Netya mature was interesting but while she showed flashes of backbone here and there, I was disappointed by her interactions with Vaya. I was surprised by the ending of the book, it was not what I expected at all so that was different. I'm not interested enough to learn where the next book leads but from beginning to end, the glimpse into the other side of who Adel is was intriguing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alpha's Concubine.

March 10, 2019 – Started Reading