Lucy's Reviews > Looking for Trouble

Looking for Trouble by Riley Hart

bookshelves: contemporary, hot-hot-hot, kindle-unlimited, lgbt, m-m-romance, talk-dirty-to-me, diverse-reads

I started this one as soon as it released, because I do really like Riley Hart's books, but also a 20 year age gap and dad's best friend, uh yes please!

In this book we have Dylan whose looking to deliver a letter for his deceased dad, he's upped and left his life and driven a long way to deliver this so he deserves a little something and decides to go find a hook-up for the night. He goes to a nearby bar and automatically sets his sight on a gorgeous older man, but it turns out that his mysterious stranger is actually the man he's supposed to be delivering the letter to.

Clay is confused and hurt when his old best friend's kid shows up in town. He doesn't want to read the letter, he's not looking to hear what his old friend has to say but he can't stop the pull he feels towards Dylan. Clay wants to help out Dylan but he worries about getting too close, he's convinced that everyone he loves dies and doesn't want to bring bad luck upon Dylan. He also thinks he's too old for Dylan even with Dylan constantly reminding him how hot and wonderful he thinks he is.

I loved these characters. Dylan was such a brilliant character, at first glance he comes across as a typical young, flirty, confident guy but there's a lot more going on under the surface. He's insecure and unsure of where to go in life, he's been made to feel like less by people before and he's ended up believing that he's not worthy of all he wants. Dylan is feisty too. There are a couple of times where he reacts badly to a situation and lets his anger get the best of him but he always realises when he's in the wrong, this is a trait that usually annoys me but I just thought it made him feel more real here.

I also adored Clay, he is literally just the sweetest guy. He just wants the best for everyone around him and there's nothing he wouldn't do to help someone out. He's lost in life. He's been keeping to himself, and not really allowing himself to live life properly, ever since the death of his last partner. Dylan helps to get him out of his rut and show him that there is still so much life to live.

The chemistry between these two was great. They are attracted to each other right from the beginning but there is a lot of we shouldn't, we can't do this, so it does take time before they finally give in to their attraction. This is a low angst, feel-good book that I just really enjoyed myself reading. The only problem I had was that there is a lot that happens at the end and I wish that the book had been a bit longer so we could see more of how everything comes together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Trouble.

March 9, 2019 – Started Reading
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: m-m-romance
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: talk-dirty-to-me
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: diverse-reads
March 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Stunning review, Lucy!!

Lucy Diana wrote: "Stunning review, Lucy!!"

Thankyou Diana! 😀