Doreen's Reviews > Getting Over Garrett Delaney

Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald

Feb 08, 2012

liked it

I gave it three stars because I can some what relate. I have never been as extreme as to keep everything that he has ever given me but I have pined after a guy who doesn't reciprocate my love. Of course when I got over it and started to ignore him, he didn't confess his undying love for me *NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I WISHED* That usually only happens in books but hey a girl can hope. The steps make sense. One would have to mould them because not every situation is the same but it helps to have them around. I now know exactly how to handle the situation. The reason the book didnt get the other two stars is because what the hell is up with Josh?!?!?! I don't understand him, I know nothing about him except that he wants to be a chef which I think was thrown in last minute because the book was too short. I wanted to get to know Josh some more. I have no idea how their relationship evovled if they barely even talked. It was more a friendship than anything. I mean LuAnn had a better relationship with Josh. COME ON!!!!!!! You cant throw in characters and expect it to all fall into place. Over all I liked the story it was somewhat funny to see the crazy thing we as girls do for guys who 67 percent of the time dont deserve it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Over Garrett Delaney.

Katrina Passick Lumsden "It was more a friendship than anything."

I think that's the point Abby McDonald was trying to make; how much easier it was for Sadie to be friends with Josh as opposed to her friendship with Garrett. The best love usually stems from a solid friendship and Sadie and Josh actually had a real friendship, not the unrequited love/Garrett and his groupie relationship Sadie and Garrett had, ya know?

I agree, though, that I wish Josh had been in it a bit more.

Doreen I agree and I'm glad they had a friendshipe because the whole Garrett thing was completely unhealthy but I think there should be some sort of short story about her and Josh because I am curious about them.

Katrina Passick Lumsden Doreen wrote: "I agree and I'm glad they had a friendshipe because the whole Garrett thing was completely unhealthy but I think there should be some sort of short story about her and Josh because I am curious abo..."

It definitely would have been nice to get a bit more of the two of 'em. It was almost like McDonald wanted to walk the line between teen romance and coming-of-age, so we got a little of both, but not enough of either.

Doreen Agreed.