~Volha~'s Reviews > Laiden's Daughter

Laiden's Daughter by Suzan Tisdale

bookshelves: first-book, medieval, nemesis

This is my first time reading Suzan Tisdale's work, and I enjoyed her writing style. It was easy to read and follow the story. The characters both main and secondary were likable, the plot was intriguing. It had dual POV, had plenty humor and was not overly long to become tedious.

I liked Aishlinn for the most part. She lived through abuse and that kind of conditioning by her stepfather that made her believe anything he told her and be grateful for it. But she escaped into Highlands badly hurt and stumbled upon Duncan and his riding party. I liked her resilience, her kind-hearted nature and that ability to see the best in people. I didn't care for her naive notion that if she gave herself up to the English that she thus would save her family and clan from danger. Did she think that her new husband would just let her go? He raced to her rescue in the end and got hurt for no reason. I just really dislike when heroines go off half-cocked thinking they are saving everyone, when instead they only make it worse.

I loved Duncan. He is charming, kind and loyal. He treats Aishlinn like a princess. It was really amusing to watch him struggle and try to overcome his jealousy when it came to Aishlinn and all the men who could not take their eyes off her. Their courtship was sweet and romantic. He and his clan helped Aishlinn to finally see her true beauty and know that she is an intelligent and brave young lady.

The plot twist in the end was unexpected, and I loved it. Aishlinn's life finally was as it should have been since her birth. The ending was lovely. Duncan and Aishlinn are just one of those couples you can't help but look and sigh over because they are so cute together. I liked how the Highland accent was presented in the book. It gave the story more zing. I enjoyed the story, and recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Laiden's Daughter.

March 9, 2019 – Started Reading