Sonia Hartl's Reviews > Foul Is Fair

Foul Is Fair by Hannah Capin

84190795

Read 2 times

THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING! I can’t scream this loud enough! It’s so vicious and smart and filled me with so much feminist rage I want to fight ten dudes with nothing more than a sharpened manicure and the spikiest stiletto. It is absolutely unapologetic in its rage and I could not love it more for it. This book gives every girl a sword who has ever been a victim and makes them warriors. It never pretends to be sweet and gives a giant middle finger to not just the offenders, but the enablers as well. I felt vindicated and vengeance the entire time I was reading and it did not let up, it did not give a flying f@&( about bright boys and their bright futures. This book rips the mask off every Brock Turner and Brett Kavanaugh and all the countless men who only give a crap about women when it’s someone they know personally, and gives them fear and death and pain.

It was pure perfection.

Jade was an unbelievably fierce character who will be a champion for so many people who need her. And it’s also my hope she will strike fear into the heart of every Golden Boy who thinks he owns the world. I hope she crawls into their brains like spiders and pinches at their darkest fears. Because there is nothing more fearsome to a spoiled boy without a heart than a girl who knows her own and isn’t afraid to say ‘no more’. Who will do whatever it takes to end their reign.

Bloody and brutal and brilliant, this is hands down one of my favorite books of all time, and to quote Jade: I’m not sorry.

(CW: rape, assault, murder, violence)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foul Is Fair.

Finished Reading