Nikola's Reviews > The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom

The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt

12046702

When you read a book for a second time, you realize how some other things you learned meanwhile has affected how you consume it and even your perception of the messages usually change, at least slightly.

This is the first book ever that made me think that it has some even greater stuff inside while reading it (usually we all have that feeling that we have the right understanding of what we are reading and that we got it all right). This is the reason why I am going to reread it, probably next year.

Anyway, I like how the book easily goes through the complicated questions of philosophy and happiness, connecting the modern scientific conclusions with older wisdom which was spread through the religions. There are no dogmas or similar, so people annoyed by the religious views should not skip this book.

Also, the book got me when the Author referenced Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi who wrote Flow which is one of my favorites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Happiness Hypothesis.

March 9, 2019 – Shelved