Ryan McArthur's Reviews > The Ultimate Game

The Ultimate Game by Sean Austin

M 50x66
Feb 08, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-own
Recommended to Ryan by: the publisher
Recommended for: boys who don't like reading, adults who like young adult fiction and/or video games

I read this book ,and loved it. It was good to read a book about video games by someone who knows about video games. The book centres on two brothers, Reggie and Jeremy, who are hardcore gamers, and have divorced parents.

The characters are well rounded, Reggie seems quite analytical and this comes through in the story. He's also very protective of his brother. They use the survival skills they have learnt in daily life (and games) to get through the challenges they face.

The final confrontation was very exciting, I was reading it on the train (and didn't finish it), then got home and realised my heart was pounding and that I _really_ wanted to finish the book.

I'm looking forward to the next novel, the Echo world is quite compelling.
I'll be recommending this to a friend, his boy is eight and I'm sure would like this book since both of them are gamers. Its a good book to get boys into reading. I'm sure I'll be reading it to my boy when he gets old enough, though he's only one and a half at the moment, so I might have a while to wait!

Full disclosure: I was asked to read this book to do a review on Goodreads. I only read books I like, and after reading a 20 page sampler I'd found online, I was happy to read the rest and review this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Game.

February 8, 2012 – Started Reading