Amanda Knox's Reviews > Vegetables Illustrated: An Inspiring Guide with 700+ Kitchen-Tested Recipes

Vegetables Illustrated by America's Test Kitchen

bookshelves: cookbooks

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. I was looking for a book that would step up my vegetable making game. This is that and SO MUCH MORE! Each vegetable chapter begins with a brief history of how that vegetable has come to us in its current iteration and talks about when the vegetable is in season, how to identify when it is fresh/ripe, how to store it, and how to prepare it. Then there are several pages with loads of recipes dedicated to highlighting that one vegetable. Some are totally classic while others are wonderfully inventive. The accompanying photos are beautiful too. I’ve just gotten used to the Test Kitchen layout so if you’re new to it be prepared to find many recipes all on one page. Once you get past that this cookbook will be worth your while. Don’t just get this book for your library – buy it. You won’t regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegetables Illustrated.

March 9, 2019 – Shelved