Betty Leung's Reviews > Echoes of Time

Echoes of Time by Calia Read

U 50x66

I can’t even begin to express my feelings towards this book. I’m exhilarated because the wait is over, but then I feel the other extreme: sadness because the series is over. My love for Calia Read’s writing stemmed from the very first book in this series, The Surviving Trace, and ever since that book, I have been a follower.
Serene and Etienne’s love story survived so many obstacles, especially time. How can I not be sad to see their story come to an end? But at the same time I fill fulfilled with Calia’s words. This is the conclusion to an extraordinary tale. And it did not disappoint. The second book left us more than hanging and this third book has quenched some of that thirst. I say some because I am not letting Belgrave go. And from what we’ve heard, the author hasn’t either.

So, let’s start with Serene and Etienne in the present time. I love the way Serene takes charge and we see a normally confident Etienne, back down from his alphaness (only a tiny bit, but still) and trust Serene and her ways. His awe towards everything present time is just so adorable. And their banter is too good not to LOL, which I did, in public, plenty of times.

The different POVs were a treat! I loved getting into other characters heads. And the way everything unraveled was just.....magical. This book kept me on my toes and there’s still so much more of a Belgrave I want to see. Thank you Calia, your talent and imagination knows no bounds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echoes of Time.

March 9, 2019 – Shelved