Mindy Lou's Book Review's Reviews > Sweet Fate

Sweet Fate by Laurelin Paige

bookshelves: 2019, older-man

I am in love with Dylan and Audrey's story! It's so rare for an author to have something I normally don't want in a book, and I didn't love it despite it, but because of it. So what is it? Call me old fashioned but I want the hero to chase the heroine. That's what I love but in this duet Audrey does the chasing. It not only worked, I'm actually glad she did it.

There were a few factors that made this work for me. The biggest is that this was done in Dylan's POV. I knew what he was thinking and I knew how badly he wanted Audrey. There is a huge age difference between these two. She is in her 20's and he is in his 40's. She is just starting out her life and he is already weighed down by life. He knew he wasn't what was best for her and he truly wanted her to have what she deserved. That right there won me over.

Audrey is 24, and she is a mature 24 year old. She is young and vivacious and exactly what Dylan needed to get him to believe in happily ever after again. It was a slow transformation and I loved seeing how she brought him to life.

If you aren't a fan of girl-chase-boy like me, give this one a try. It's so worth it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Fate.

March 9, 2019 – Started Reading
March 9, 2019 – Shelved
March 9, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
March 9, 2019 – Shelved as: older-man
March 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Is this a safe series??

message 2: by Mindy Lou's Book Review (last edited Mar 10, 2019 09:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mindy Lou's Book Review Rachel wrote: "Is this a safe series??"

Yes but may have one element some readers don’t lIke. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev Lovely review Mindy xo

message 4: by Kathy K. (new)

Kathy K. Great review, Mindy!

Mindy Lou's Book Review Kathy wrote: "Great review, Mindy!"

Bev wrote: "Lovely review Mindy xo"

Thank you, ladies! :)

Erika (OwlwaysReading) Fab review Mindy!

message 7: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Mindy!😉💖

Mindy Lou's Book Review Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Mindy!😉💖"

Erika (OwlwaysReading) wrote: "Fab review Mindy!"

Thank you ladies! :)

Eve (Between The Bookends) Hey Mindy, since book two picks up two years later. Did both stay celibate, or did both sleep with other people??

Mindy Lou's Book Review If I’m remembering correctly, neither one slept with anyone else, however It’s been long enough since I read it that I may be wrong... sorry. I wish I could be more confident in that answer.

Eve (Between The Bookends) Mindy Lou's Book Review wrote: "If I’m remembering correctly, neither one slept with anyone else, however It’s been long enough since I read it that I may be wrong... sorry. I wish I could be more confident in that answer."

No worries! Thanks for taking the time to answer. <3

French Press Bookworm Blog Awesome review. I’m gonna have to check it out

message 14: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Amazing review, Mindy! 💜

Mindy Lou's Book Review French Press Bookworm Blog wrote: "Awesome review. I’m gonna have to check it out"

I hope you enjoy it, French! 🙂

Mindy Lou's Book Review Nazanin wrote: "Amazing review, Mindy! 💜"

Thank you, Nazanin! 🙂