Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)'s Reviews > The River Between

The River Between by Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o

Feb 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: school-assigned, good-reads, deeper-than-the-cover, classics
Read from February 08 to March 22, 2012

**This review features on my blog, Choice Reads as well, drop by :)

They made me read it. The school, I mean, this is for an assignment - an essay to be exact - in which I must write about the deeper meaning of this novel. It wasn't bad, quite enjoyable on most days, but the romance wasn't really there for me. He saw her. He loved her. The end.

*Sigh* I guess you can't win them all? I'm just glad that this made sense and now I know more than enough to write that paper! Thank goodness for small blessings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The River Between.

02/08/2012 page 15
10.0% "Reading this for school and I want to wack Chege for that B.S. story! What do you mean women used to own everything until your male friends decided to impregnate us and take over?! Not true old man, not true..."
02/08/2012 page 27
18.0% "so women can be... circumcised? O.o"
02/08/2012 page 31
20.0% "ROFL. Pssh, my gosh, did I just read that? Joshua's special prayer to God to forgive him for marrying a woman who was circumcised. Oy vey! Honestly, I don't think I could be even MORE offended with this book's characters than I am already."
02/08/2012 page 41
27.0% "Mother F!? Women, please invest in shirts!"
02/12/2012 page 73
48.0% "For some reason I'm thinking Lion King right now, "Can you feel the love tonight?" That movie is so classic! :D"
02/23/2012 page 78
51.0% "They're falling in love...!"
03/16/2012 page 140
92.0% "Almost DONE!!! Hah, I can finally write that paper, then!"