Noa ☾'s Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: kindle, read-in-2019, young-adult, buddy-read, reviewed
Recommended to Noa ☾ by: Holly ✨

✨✨✨ Buddy read with Holly✨✨✨(also my first buddy read ever lol and i sucked at it because i read this WAY TOO FAST)

This was waY better than I thought it'd be !!!

My palms itched to have a close encounter of the bitch-slap kind with his face.

How iconic.

👽This was pitched to me as Twilight with aliens and look, I get it. It kind of gives off a Twilight vibe (dark brooding boy with a secret) BUT this is EVERYTHING I wish Twilight had had. I won’t let ANYONE disrespect Katy like that. As Katy and her mom arrive in a new town, Katy tries to make friends with the neighbors. Turns out, there’s a family including a doucheY brother, Daemon and his friendly sister, Dee (an absolute bean).

👽Plot-wise, this wasn’t my favorite just because I felt like it could’ve been developed a bit more and it felt a bit lazy when the answers were basically “something scientific the characters can’t explain because they don’t understand it”. The characters were pretty cool, specifically Katy. I kept being annoyed with Daemon and I thought, here we go again with the Macho Rude Bad/Nice Boy. However, Katy managed to stand up for herself and she kept being a badass (although making questionable decisions (view spoiler)). Also the fact she’s a book blogger was cutE. And okay, FINE, I will admit the tension between Daemon and Katy was sort of amazing and made me ship them. Sue Me.

(Can’t wait to buddy-read the rest of the series with you, Holly)

💫Keep up with me on my blog! 💫

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

March 9, 2019 – Shelved
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-read
March 22, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 24, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Holly ✨ Iconic tbh. I deffo need to finish my reread - DAMN THIS READING SLUMP

Noa ☾ Holly wrote: "Iconic tbh. I deffo need to finish my reread - DAMN THIS READING SLUMP"

I'm so glad you told me to read this dfhskjdfhkjs