Linda's Reviews > Austentatious

Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight

F 50x66
Feb 08, 2012

Read from February 08 to March 07, 2012

First off, let me mention that I received this book as a giveaway from Goodreads. As it's not typically the type of novel I read, I shelved it for a while as I finished up several other books. Finally, I picked it up and started reading. What a surprise! I really enjoyed this book. It was very well written and kept me interested in the story right up until its conclusion. The premise of the book is this - a self-proclaimed nerdy engineer (Nicola James) has been following a life Plan since she was thirteen years old. Every decision is made keeping The Plan in mind. One day she picks up an antique journal as a gift and her life suddenly changes. Spilling tea on the journal, she decides that she can no longer use it as a gift and decides to keep it for herself. She starts to write entries in the journal, only to find her entries "edited" as if by magic. The edited versions of her entries read more like advice and guidance to change her whole way of thinking, abandon The Plan, and take chances. The journal also holds other mysteries of owners past (all unlocked when Nicola literally finds the missing key). What follows is romance and adventure. Through all of this, Nicola must decide whether to see the changes through to conclusion or revert back to her life Plan. A very fun and delightful read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Austentatious.

07/05/2016 marked as: read