Nilufer Ozmekik's Reviews > The First Girl Child

The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon

bookshelves: can-t-wait-to-read, all-time-favorites, best-ones, favourite, netgalley

Five in the name Nordic kings, gods, mythological, full of runes, mystic, lyrical, powerful, ghost-ly stars!

Amy Harmon is one of the talented writers always knows how to take you journeys at different time zones from Irish Revolution to the middle of World War second and some unknown mystical kingdom doors. She plays the words like instruments and creates amazing, soul-brushing, heart-healing compositions, that you wanna read over and over again to feel joyful and delighted ! That’s how I felt as soon as I finish this wonderful, compelling, heroic , encouraging, Nordic fairy tale.

Characterization:

THERE IS NO ALBA WITHOUT BAYR.

Bayr, a giant, strong, tough, carries an enormous, beautiful heart that only belongs to Alba.
And sweet, brave, loyal, lovely Alba who also carries a genuine, kind, poignant heart, only but forever belongs to Bayr.
Bayr was her keeper, her guardian, her best friend, confidant, first and last love. It was amazing to read their growing up, devotion, unconditional connection.

I also enjoy Dagmar and Ghost’s stories. It is not fair to think them as supporting characters. Their forbidden love story, their affection and loyalty to Bayr and Alba were marvelous. My heart broke for them. Especially the parts that Ghost stands up for all the five girls who turned into gifted warriors and the way she puts her life at risk for her daughter was so worth to read! I like to clap and shout as “Go Ghost Go!”. And Dagmar, humble, born and raised warrior who changed his way to be keeper did whatever it took to save Bayr from the danger of the enemies!

PACE:
At first I thought it was slow but after few pages I realized it was not. Not too slow or fast. Understanding the whole journey, we have to start from beginning. So there are not a word is needed to be edit from this book. Each one has its own magic and power!

STORY DEVELOPMENT:
Fasten your seat belts to take a memorable, mythological journey including Norse magic and powerful blood runes. This book is full of surprises make you smile, curse, cry like a baby! You need to open your feelings to absorb each beautiful chapters like your life depends on them.

PLEASE DO NOT READ BOOKS WITH YOUR EYES! READ IT WITH YOUR HEART!
ENDING:

My hands hurt but I applauded a lot! This is an epic final! I think you may consider this as one of the greatest book about power of women and their abilities, strength and determination to do what it takes!

SUMMARY:
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I’m one of the luckiest to grab my ARC COPY so special thanks to 47North and NetGalley for providing this amazing book to me as an exchange of my honest review. I truly, honestly enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Girl Child.

March 8, 2019 – Shelved
August 5, 2019 – Shelved as: all-time-favorites
August 5, 2019 – Shelved as: favourite
August 5, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 5, 2019 – Shelved as: best-ones

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

message 1: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee What a fantastic review! 🤗

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you so much Ceecee😊❤️

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Such a great review Nilufer! 😊😊

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you so much Nicola❤️💜

Libby Awesome review Nilufer! I just preordered my copy from Amazon and can't wait to read it.

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you Libby, enjoy it, it’s really one of the greatest books of the author 😊

message 7: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Jones Enticing review!

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you Carol😊

message 9: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista I *loved* 'What the Wind Knows' by Harmon. I'm so excited to see this new release, and see that you've reviewed it so glowingly. Off to add this to my TBR shelf now. Thanks!

Nilufer Ozmekik I loved “ What the wind knows,too, Krista! This book was amazing journey to Norse Mythology! I full heartedly recommend it if you’re fan of writer! Enjoy it my friend 😊

message 11: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista Thanks! I can't find it on NetGalley. I'll have to wait until my library has it available to recommend for purchase. Sigh --- I may just have to buy this one for myself. :-)

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber White Is this book a stand-alone?

Nilufer Ozmekik Yes Amber, it’s gonna be released on August 20. Highly recommended mythological fantasy book😊

message 14: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique Wonderful review, Nilufer! I need this book now, can't wait 😄

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you Monique, I hope you love it,too😊

message 16: by Tahera (new)

Tahera Fabulous, infectious review Nilufer! ❤️

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you so much Tahera❤️💜

Betül Amy is one of my favorite authors. She is such a well-rounded writer.

Nilufer Ozmekik Couldn’t agree more Betül, she is amazing😊

Monika Sadowski What a beautiful review, like a book :)

Nilufer Ozmekik Thank you Monica! I agree this book was amazing 😊❤️

-  Michelle Claypot_Reads Amazing review of an extraordinary book!

Nilufer Ozmekik So true Michelle, it was such a poignant, amazing, lyrical story. Happy to know you love it,too😊❤️