Jessi's Reviews > Priestess of the Nile

Priestess of the Nile by Veronica  Scott

Feb 08, 2012

bookshelves: romance, netgalley, novella, favorites, mythology-gods, cleopatra
Read on February 09, 2012

*Review coming soon on my blog, The Juici Life.*

I'm a sucker for anything involving Egyptian Mythology. However, I typically have low expectations for novellas - they can be enjoyable but I normally long for more in-depth works. I also find myself loathing the typical fairytale endings found in so many romances.

Priestess of the Nile was truly an excpetion. This novellas encompasses Egyptian mythology, focusing on the crocodile God, Sobek, as well as introducing us briefly to other Gods. We also meet a Priestess named Merys. Merys is a kind girl despite her misfortunes with her stepfamily and her above average height hindering her ability to find a proper suitor. (Think Cinderella here.)

But her life changes the day she meets Bek on the beach under the moonlight. Ms. Scott tells a great romantic tale, that despite its fairytale ending is believable and sweet. It was a great little read that would be wonderful for anyone that like Egyptian tales, mythology, or just wants an evening to curl up with a nice, romantic tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priestess of the Nile.