PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps 's Reviews > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee

*** I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of ASK ME ANYTHING by Molly E Lee. All thoughts and opinions are my own.***

Fed up with her school’s antiquated abstinence only approach to sex ed, Amber creates an anonymous sex education blog ASK ME ANYTHING not realizing her crush and coding rival Dean would be tasked with finding the source of the blog.

I love female centric, sex positive books for teens. ASK ME ANYTHING conveys that message without ever being a Book With A Message. Although she’s had a boyfriend for a while, Amber’s a Virgin by choice, not until marriage, but until she decides she’s ready and with the right person. Most of her friends are sexually active and assume she has been, but she’s open and honest when asked. Amber doesn’t feel pressure to be anyone but who she is. She’s a great role model, fighting against lack of information under the guise of education.

I’m old enough to have sexually active grandchildren, so I didn’t connect as much to the coding subplot, but I think it will appeal to teen readers with a nod to Amber being a superior coder who happens to be a girl (as opposed to a girl coder).

ASK ME ANYTHING is a rare book I’d recommend as appealing to all readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me Anything.

March 8, 2019 – Started Reading