Katie Mettner's Reviews > Sweet Little Lies

Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis

As I've read the other books in the Heartbreaker Bay series, I've wondered about the infamous Pru and Finn. You don't have to read these books in any particular order, but I wish I had read this one sooner! I was a little put off by Pru's name most of the time, but once I read this book, it made total sense.

Pru has an unusual job and an even more unusual dog. She loves them both, but she has no desire to find her true love, or does she? Trying to make up for past transgressions, she has one wrong to make right, Finn O'Riley. She's going to be his 'fun whisperer' if it kills her.

Finn O'Riley wasn't looking for 'fun'. He's running a pub with his younger brother who has enough fun for the both of them. He still can't drag his eyes away from the new woman who moves into the building and shows up at his pub, though. He's hardened by life and the things he's faced, and because of that, he protects his heart to avoid more pain. That is until Pru inserts herself in his life, and his bed.

I liked this original storyline and the way she wrote these two broken characters. She weaved them together until they were one and they both discovered all they needed to heal was each other. There's no lack of steamy scenes, fun to be had, and happily ever afters in Sweet Little Lies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Little Lies.

Finished Reading