Demetra's Reviews > Beauty & Rage

Beauty & Rage by Natalie Bennett

bookshelves: arcs, e-books

I'm pretty new to paranormal romance, but I couldn't pass a Natalie Bennett book. Having read her "Badlands" series, I'm totally hooked on her twisted stories!! This book was nothing less of what I expected from her! Another crazy twisted story to keep me in love with her writing!

I can't really explain the whole paranormal background of the story because it's pretty complicated; I still have some questions myself! Both Duvessa and Reyes are supernatural beings, but Reyes was made and not born. Duvessa is a royalty in this world but she can't take her rightful place because someone is hunting her down. Reyes is a self-proclaimed king on his own land, commanding people with fear. When she seeks him out for help, he takes her as his queen without her agreement.

I had the feeling through the whole book that Reyes has his own agenda. His actions are confusing Duvessa and she can't decide if she wants to trust him or not. They are both strong opinionated, so they constantly fight for dominance.

This book sets the mood perfectly for the next one. It gives us information about the world we are reading about but leave us with so many questions at the end. The author definitely succeeded on building up interest and left me wanting the next book now!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty & Rage.

March 7, 2019 – Started Reading