Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Boyfriend Bargain

Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills

20997898

bookshelves: arc

I have an absolute, obsessive attachment to brilliant sports romances. Boyfriend Bargain isn’t an exception—an honest narrative with perfect amounts of all-consuming endearment, delightfully cute moments and heart-wrenching emotions that capture and ensnare every facet of your being. Featuring a sinfully cocksure hockey player and awe-inspiring determined heroine, Boyfriend Bargain won’t disappoint!

“There’s something going on between us that’s …I don’t know…interesting. I knew it the moment I saw you.”

Sugar Ryan didn’t grow up with luxuries, but that hasn’t diminished her resolution to succeed in life. Her shy, quiet albeit fiery nature and fierceness, together with an unrivaled determination to successfully become a lawyer by attending Vanderbilt, makes this young woman’s formidable intelligence an astonishing inspiration.

Quickly becoming one of the NHL’s greatest contenders, Zack Morgan is surrounded by adoring fans, a rain of love and shower of praise. He isn’t without his own troubles however—hidden demons difficult to push away lurk within the shadows, an incessant pressure, a quiet “shame” that becomes a hindrance in maintaining a seeming perfect life.

I told her not to be afraid to fall…because I’m falling for her…so hard.

Intense chemistry and noticeable sexual tension simmers between Z and Sugar. Despite establishing a relationship of pretense and convenience, the connection between them is fierce and fervent, an undeniable bond of sincerity, hope and encouragement. I loved the commanding and domineering presence that brewed within Z, especially within the bedroom, the assertive nature soothed by some intimacy.

Boyfriend Bargain is filled with witty banter, heartfelt emotions and two characters who have a deep, earnest connection. Ilsa Madden-Mills transforms this into a narrative with substance and profundity, making this more than “just another sports romance”. Beautifully written and wonderfully constructed, the Hawthorne University series doesn’t disappoint!

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend Bargain.

March 7, 2019 – Shelved
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 29, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
May 5, 2019 – Started Reading
May 8, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 9, 2019 –

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review!💖😉

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Kat wrote: "Excellent review!💖😉"

Thank you, Kat! 😘