Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > Boyfriend Bargain

Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills

bookshelves: arc-books

A sports romance that has an emotional past, present, and future filled with love, lust and so much understanding moments between the characters that Ilsa has so beautifully created...

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am addicted to sports romances and my knees turn weak whenever I see that Ilsa has a new book coming out, because they always have to be somehow related to the sub-genre of sports romances. You can never go wrong with reading her novels, and this book was no exception. I will be honest, when I first read the synopsis I was a tiny bit hesitant about it. But knowing the kind of writing Ilsa writes, I just knew and had a feeling that I would not be disappointed. The chemistry of all the characters she writes and enhances from is just so magical on its own way, and there is so much passion through it as well when the reader gets to enjoy it. I am a fan of characters that have a past in which they have to try and conquer or try to move on from, and in this case you Zack Morgan has a past that he is trying to defeat and try to leave behind after meeting Sugar Ryan.

It being said, it's no surprise that these stories that Ilsa writes are one hundred percent insta-love romances that always keep me intact and in love with her writing. And when we meet Zack and Sugar for the first time, you just fall in love with the charisma and yet, strong attitude that she has. That is what keeps Z motivated to conquering her heart. They start at first acting it out, being in a fake relationship. But after being physical with each other, their true physical attraction is not to be denied. Ilsa knows how to kill the endgame of characters being true to each other. When they are just simply meant to be, not even the universe can separate them and that is the case for Zack and Sugar;
"I cup her face and kiss her like she's really mine, like she's coming home with me like she's dying for me to touch her just as much as I'm dying for her..."

For Sugar, at first their relationship was beneficial for the aspect of her getting into her dream law school. As for Zack, this "fake" relationship is beneficial for him because he does not want any more hockey chasers to be following him. But little do they know that in reality they are just meant to be, and for Sugar being with someone after her last boyfriend who cheated on her, her heart is delicate and Zack must treat it with a tender care. For her. Zack is this strong alpha male that has all the power in the world, and in some way I find that endearing to read because having an alpha male is what makes me drool;
"There's an earthy dominant warrior quality to him, one that calls to the softness in me. He's confident and has purpose, and shit, he wants me. I know it in the way he can't take his eyes off me..."

Overall, this was a true sports romance that that focused on the character's life the most and not the sport, which I am all down for so I don't mind that. And meeting knew characters is always good because you may also be introduced to a possible new series? Maybe Ilsa has a new series connecting to this novel coming up her sleeves, and if so I am totally down for it! Thank you to Ilsa and Social Butterfly PR for letting me read this novel in advance, looking forward to Ilsa's future books!

ARC kindly provided by the publicist, in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend Bargain.

March 7, 2019 – Shelved
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 29, 2019 – Started Reading
April 29, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-books
April 30, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Ari (new)

Ari Enjoy babe!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Ari wrote: "Enjoy babe!"

Thank you hon! Super excited! xoxo

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Fab review as always, love <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ wrote: "Fab review as always, love <3"

Thank you so much Rochelle! xoxo

message 5: by B.B. (new)

B.B. Lynn Great review!!!

message 6: by M. Nicolas (new) - added it

M. Nicolas I have become a sport romance junky. I will give this one a try.

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, babes! I can't wait to read this! The blurb sounds so good and I'm all for sports romances! Happy you loved it! :) xoxo

message 8: by M. Nicolas (new) - added it

M. Nicolas Y'all, I can't find a copy in Kindle. Help me!

Cristina | CristiinaReads B.B. wrote: "Great review!!!"

Thank you so much my queen! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads M. Nicolas wrote: "Y'all, I can't find a copy in Kindle. Help me!"

M. Nicolas wrote: "I have become a sport romance junky. I will give this one a try."

Hey sweetie, the book has not released yet. It is out on the 5th of this month, so make sure to be on the lookout for it then ;)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FAB review, babes! I can't wait to read this! The blurb sounds so good and I'm all for sports romances! Happy you loved it! :) xoxo"

Thank you hon! Hopefully you get to enjoy it as well my queen! xoxo

message 12: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Wonderful Review Cristina :)

message 13: by M. Nicolas (new) - added it

M. Nicolas Cristina

Thanks darling, I found it. Yay me!

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Lovely review, babe! Xoxo