Melanie's Reviews > Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder

Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder by Meg Macy

bookshelves: cozy-mystery, christmas, netgalley, lava-2019

Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder was a delightful cozy mystery with a charming Christmas theme and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

With the holiday season in full swing, Sasha Silverman and the rest of the staff at the Silver Bear Shop and Factory are busier than ever. First order of business is preparing for the town’s annual tree-lighting ceremony and parade in which the shop has a float. There’s only one problem; Santa Bear, the parade mascot played by the mayor, is missing. When the mayor is later found dead, electrocuted and stuffed into the bear suit, Sasha begins her own investigation to find the killer. But someone wants Sasha to stop looking and if she’s not careful she could end up the killer’s next target.

The mystery of who killed the mayor was a good one with Sasha discovering a number of possible suspects. Initially Cal Bloom is presented as a well liked man leading you to wonder why anyone would want to kill him. As Sasha investigates him though, it becomes clear that everything was not as it seemed with the mayor and he actually had quite a few enemies. I had a few guesses as to who I thought killed him, but I was pleasantly surprised when the real killer was revealed. But when you find out their identity and their motive, it makes sense that they were the killer. I thought the ending was well done and I liked how everything wrapped up.

I enjoyed the characters in this book even more this time around and I loved getting to see Sasha’s extended friend group helping her work through the puzzle of Bloom’s death. The only character I still have issues with is Sasha’s mother who I find to be overbearing. Sasha’s boyfriend Jay popped up occasionally but their relationship is definitely not the focus of the story which is a nice change from some other cozies I’ve read recently. One extra bit in the book I loved was that after winning the Teddy Bear Keepsake Contest, the shop has exclusive rights to create a special bear for the holidays, a wizard bear named Beary Potter. I loved the concept of the bear and it’s absolutely something I would love to own in real life.

Overall Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder was just as wonderful as the rest of the Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery series and I highly recommend the books if you’re looking for a new cozy series to try.

**I received an advance copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder.

March 6, 2019 – Shelved