Shelby's Reviews > Wildcat

Wildcat by Max Monroe

bookshelves: romance

Quinn Bailey, the star quarterback for the New York Mavericks, is taking a few days off from preseason to visit his parents and little brother in Birmingham, Alabama. When he boarded his RoyalAir flight, he expected a few hours of quiet time, some music, but what he wasn’t expecting was to encounter Catharine, the extremely beautiful and charming flight attendant.

Cat, only a flight attendant for 6-months, was getting used to the on-the-go life of air crew. Luckily, her fellow attendants—Casey and Nikki—kept her laughing and entertained. When she sees the most sexy stranger in existence in seat 2A, she can’t help herself from staring. And it just so happens, he’s staring back at her.

Due to weather, the plane is forced to land in Atlanta and since Cat has a flight to catch in less than 12-hours in Birmingham, she boards a midnight train to her destination. And to her surprise, sitting across from her is none other than sexy stranger from 2A. He introduces himself as Quinn and for the next 4-hours, Quinn and Cat share laughs and witty banter until it’s time for them to part ways. They exchange numbers and at first Cat is hopeful they’ll meet again, but when she learns Quinn plays for the NFL—how did she not realize this before?!—she gives up hope of sparking a romance with Quinn Bailey.

But Quinn has other plans for Cat. He discovers her next flight from Birmingham to New York and takes it, knowing they’ll see each other again. Quinn makes it his mission to spend as much time as possible with Cat because she catches his attention like no other woman ever has. But Cat doesn’t truly believe that a sports celebrity would have the time of day for any girl—especially someone who spends have their life in the air.

The chemistry between Quinn and Cat is undeniable and they develop a whirlwind romance. But when Quinn’s conservative family learns that he’s dating a woman of color, they are less than accepting of his choices. It’s bad enough that his little brother’s sexuality is ignored by his parents, but now their judgment of Quinn’s girlfriend is too much to bear.

And on top of familial judgment, Quinn and Cat’s relationship is under a microscope after photos of them were released on the cover of a tabloid. People have something to say about their relationship left and right. But if Quinn and Cat shut out all the noise of his family, his fame and all the other complications, it’s obvious that what they have is special and more than worth the fight.

Wildcat by Max Monroe is the first installment in the Mavericks Tackle Love series. I used to say I wasn’t a fan of sports romances, but as I’ve read quite a few lately (and loved them), I guess I’ve changed my mind! Wildcat is funny and witty with plenty of sexual tension to keep me entertained. Cat is quirky and relatable. I instantly connected to her and enjoyed reading about Cat’s life as a flight attendant. Quinn is the ultimate southern gentleman that any woman would swoon over. Their romance was the perfect amount of slow-burn mixed with hot and heavy attraction. I can’t wait to continue on with this series—4.5/5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildcat.

March 5, 2019 – Started Reading
March 5, 2019 – Shelved
March 5, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
March 5, 2019 –
March 6, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Terrific review, Shelby ;) I have never read this author before, but sure love sports romances. So glad you enjoyed!! 💜😊