Luna Bookish's Reviews > Daisy Jones & The Six

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

bookshelves: historical-fiction

When I first started to read this I started to feel like I was mislead by the title of this book, but that quickly turned around for me when I was about 70 odd pages in. This story had me really engaged for a few reasons. The first being the time period, how can you not want to hear a story about a rock and roll group in the 1970? The second being the format of this novel.

I didn't know that this was set up as an interview the entire book and I think it really lent itself to the story. I feel like the story would not have been as powerful and I would not have felt as much as I did if it was written another way. Also, if you are into audiobooks, I think this is one of the best I have ever listened to. They have an entire cast and it makes the voices so much more distinct, even through they would be without the audio.

This story talks about a lot of different struggles and it really is a roller coaster, but not the one you would expect from a rock group.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daisy Jones & The Six.

March 5, 2019 – Shelved