Anne - Books of My Heart's Reviews > Armed 'N' Ready

Armed 'N' Ready by Tee O'Fallon

bookshelves: audio, audio-2500, newrelease, ng-pub-author, 2019

This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I loved the action and law enforcement work in the second book of the Federal K-9 series. The author has 23 years as a federal agent and it shows. Although, I hope some things are fictionalized because Andi was in significant danger. Why didn't she have a Kevlar vest and helmet even?  We met Nick briefly in Locked N Loaded with his best friend Matt's story.

Andi is a amazing women who has had awful men in her life. A man she considers a good friend has vanished and is a suspect in a crime. Nick is investigating and law enforcement doesn't know if Andi is involved. He is assigned to keep an eye on Andi while they track her old friend and see if she can be cleared.

I love Andi's strength and her business is great fun.  The dogs are in this story, maybe not quite as much as I'd like, but they are definitely in it. Nick is really a good guy; he just isn't sure if he can love again after the death of his wife  He is spot on being worried about Andi as they scoop up the suspects. I really enjoyed getting to know him.

Armed N Ready is an emotional roller-coaster. I'm a little mad at how Andi didn't take the dangers seriously at first.  The romance happens quickly as often happens in romantic suspense.  I'll definitely be going on with the series.

Narration:
I read the first book as an ebook from the library.  I was excited to get this one for audio review. Vanessa Daniels is the narrator for both in the series so far.  I was comfortable with her male and female voices. Nick definitely has a bit of east coast vibe.  I enjoyed the performance at my new usual 1.5x speed.

Listen to a clip:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed 'N' Ready.

March 5, 2019 – Shelved