Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri 's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by N.N. Britt

bookshelves: love-me-im-a-rock-star-or-actor, arc-or-provided-by-author, dysfunction-at-its-best
Read 2 times. Last read March 13, 2019.

I’m a huge fan of rock star romances and decided to take a chance on debut author N.N. Britt. I admit that I was lured in by this author’s background as a music journalist, photographer, and metal fan.  She’s a fellow metalhead, so I had to check her out. I’m thrilled to say that N.N. Brit didn’t disappoint. Rapture isn’t a typical cookie cutter rock romance. Without regurgitating the synopsis, I'll top-line it. Justice is the front man for a super popular band called The Deviant. He hides behind his makeup and dark stage persona (for you rock lovers, think Kiss meets Marilyn Mason type of singer). Justice is in the middle of a high profile divorce all while trying to balance being a dad, a rockstar and missing his best friend. He hasn’t been musically inspired since the tragic death of one of his bandmates. Then Hazel tramples into his life. She’s in the middle of a divorce and in a dangerous downward spiral of depression since losing her son.  Hazel is thrust into the spotlight with her every move showing up in the tabloids, and her anxiety and insecurities are magnified for the world to see. Can Justice and Hazel grow from their complicated pasts? Can they heal each other's hearts?

Rapture was heartbreaking and painful to read at times. Hazel and Justice's story felt so raw and real. Hazel even frustrated me. I love when a character gets under my skin. This emotion-packed rock romance was full of heart. I hope debut author N.N. Britt continues to write more books. One-click worthy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

Finished Reading