Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Malum: Part 1

Malum by Amo Jones

bookshelves: 2019, arc, dark, dual-pov

What in the actual frickity frack?! Amo, you know I love you, but whoa!! You tapped into some other ish with this one. To say I loved it would be dumbing it down. It wouldn't sufficiently tell you how I truly felt about this story. If you've met any of the Elite Kings before, you know that they're a heck of a lot more than meets the eye. So far, Nate takes the cake on the whole looks can be deceiving thing because NOTHING I've learned so far prepared me for the man featured in this book. NOTHING !!

Boys like Nate are lethal, because you fall for their charm, their jokes, and their beautiful faces. By the time you find yourself lost in their darkness with their demons lurking around you, it's too late. They suck you in with charisma and spit you out with sin.

Honestly, if you think you know something... if you think you have even the slightest hint of what you're in store for ... I'm here to tell you that you're dead wrong.

Tillie has returned and needs help getting her daughter back. The world she returns to is like a culture shock. Everything's different. Her man is with her friend and the game playing shows no sign of stopping. But Tillie is like a storm unto herself and like the eye of a hurricane, she's chaos. Whatever is happening between Nate and Tate is sure to sour and I can't wait to skip along amidst the ruins.

It goes against girl code, King or not.

YESSSS!! Why did I feel like this NEEDED to be said?

Hoes before bros!!

I'm in love with the way that Amo Jones crafted this Tillie character. She infused her with plenty of strength but wasn't afraid to give her many instances to show her vulnerabilities. Her thoughts were honest. She didn't lie to herself, which was a refreshing relief. She was damaged. She was sincere. She was outspoken. And she was desperate to be the best version of herself that she could be. She broke my heart and she gave me hope. What I appreciated the most about her was the way she pointed out what should have been obvious...

I never claimed to be mature or even sensible. My soul is deep and the deeper you are, the darker it gets. I'm reckless, impulsive, and I think I'm acquiring an anger problem.

Baby girl, feed that rage because I KNOW you're going to need it.

Hmmm... how do I warn you about what's to come? What to expect from this read? I have no clue. As I said, Nate was much more than I expected. At times I wanted to give him hugs and squeezes and gropes and tugs and fondles and... other times I wanted to smack him upside the head. He was brutal. He was cruel. He was sweet. He was broken. He was real. I can't even begin to imagine what's going to happen next because everything I thought I knew has just blown up in my face. It's like no one is truly safe (I already knew that) and I don't where the loyalties lie. What's real? People rise from the dead, the evil don't suffer enough, and love doesn't really have a chance to blossom. Reading this book gave me a ton of answers and now has me asking a ton more questions. I'm on edge waiting to get my hands on Malum: Part II.

Blog | FB | Twitter | IG | Tumblr | Pinterest | BookBub

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malum.

March 5, 2019 – Started Reading
March 5, 2019 – Shelved
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: dark
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: dual-pov
March 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. All these books are intriguing me, but at the same time, I'm so scared! Lol!
Amazing review, my dear! 💕😊

Natalie The Biblioholic NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "All these books are intriguing me, but at the same time, I'm so scared! Lol!
Amazing review, my dear! 💕😊"

LOL you're right to be scared. But they're so goooood!!
Thanks honey!! 💜💜

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Natalie!😉💖

Natalie The Biblioholic Kat wrote: "Excellent review Natalie!😉💖"

Thank you, honey! 💜💜

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Super review huni 💕💕

Natalie The Biblioholic Michelle wrote: "Super review huni 💕💕"

Thank you, lovely! 💜💜

Tracy *To the point Reviews* Sounds AWESOME!!! great review!!! On my TO READ list!

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fab review Nat 💕

Natalie The Biblioholic Tracy *To the point Reviews* wrote: "Sounds AWESOME!!! great review!!! On my TO READ list!"

It is awesome, Tracy! I can't wait to see what you think of it :D 💜💜

Natalie The Biblioholic Deborah wrote: "Fab review Nat 💕"

Thanks doll! 💜💜

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Natalie wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Fab review Nat 💕"

Thanks doll! 💜💜"