Skylar's Reviews > American Royals

American Royals by Katharine McGee

bookshelves: arcs, 2019

** spoiler alert ** This book surprised me. I knew it would be different but I did not anticipate that I like it. I was skeptical I’m not going to lie. The characters in this book are all complex and that was great to see. It’s told from the perspective of 4 women all intertwined with American royalty somehow. Wether Royals, ex-girlfriend and best friends they are all different.

I want to start with I love Connor and Beatrice I was really rooting for them. I completely called the King getting sick and I’m almost positive they won’t work out but ohh I wish they could be happy. I’ve got to say the last few scenes with Bea and her dad I was almost in tears. It was so sad and emotional. The worst was when he is dead and they all bow.

I hate Daphne. I don’t care she’s misunderstood because her parents made her this girl who has to marry the prince. I don’t care. She’s an ass. She’s a great villain and I love that but I hate her.

Nina and Sam are great in this book and I look forward to seeing where their respective paths will take them.

All in all a solid 4 stars. It’s a very enjoyable book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Royals.

March 5, 2019 – Shelved