Ashley's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

it was ok
bookshelves: kindle-library, paranormal, demons, gods-immortals, fated-mates, disappointed, 2019

I wanted to like this book but when you go "Oh thank God, there is only 30% left" you know it isn't going well.

To start with, Anya. I didn't really like her. Sometimes she was ok but the majority of the time I was just annoyed by her, especially when she would pout and stomp her foot like a child. Grow up! Your thousands of years old and this is how you act. I really expected more from her character after she helped Maddox and Ashlyn in the first book.

My next issue was the overall story. I felt this book just keep going in circles with these two. It felt like it was a repeat of the same conversation but at different places. Also I feel that the overall story of the series didn't go very far because of this loop.

I miss the rest of the Lord's. I expected to have them frequently be a part of the scenes after the first book but nope. Barely anything with the other guys. I think this book really need that brotherhood feeling.

I am not happy with this book but I will give the next one a chance to see if it gets better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.

March 5, 2019 – Shelved