Cheri's Reviews > The Woman in the Window

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

1994963

liked it
bookshelves: 2019-reads, audio, mystery-thriller

I've got mixed feelings about this book. I might need more of a break from the unreliable narrator thing. I won't go into a whole lot of detail because there are so many twists and red herrings that I'm afraid I'll give something away and ruin someone's fun.

Because of the issues the protagonist has, I could never be sure about what was real and what wasn't. That forced me to stop guessing and my favorite part of mysteries is guessing.

There were a few bullshit moments but, I think, the biggest of them all was the final reveal. I get wanting to get that "ah ha!" from a reader but my reaction was more "ugh, what the fuck?!"

The resolution and wrap up at the end was okay but by then, I was mostly over it. Which was really too bad because there were several places in the book that I had other things to do and had to struggle to stop reading or listening.

I went back and forth between the ebook and the audio versions. They each had their strengths and weaknesses. The transcripts from the Agora were much better to read with eyeballs but the narrator definitely added some tension and emotion during the more intense scenes.

If you're a lover of The Girl on the Train and Gone Girl, you'll very likely want to read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman in the Window.

January 16, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
March 5, 2019 – Started Reading
March 5, 2019 – Shelved
March 5, 2019 –
7.0% "Finally getting into this one. Been on my TBR for quite a while."
March 6, 2019 –
62.0% "I've stopped trying to figure out what's happening. Can't trust anything to be truth with an unreliable narrator. I am enjoying the read but not being able to make guesses is tough for me."
March 6, 2019 – Finished Reading