Zrinka Jelic's Reviews > Most Eligible Bachelor

Most Eligible Bachelor by Empi Baryeh

Feb 07, 2012

I trully enjoyed reading this book. Empi really brought the romance jump off the page. Though I thought their lovemaking came fast too fast for my liking, they barely met for business, it all worked out in the end. Chantelle is a very hard to get woman that comes across Lord who media portrayed as a playboy and who didn't do a damn thing to stop those picutres in the tabloids and gossip. He just let everyone have a field day guessing who is his next lady of the day. While he planned to get to Cnanetlle the enire time. She's so jaded at times it made me shake my head in dissbelief. She doesn't think she was worthy of love after her shaimleslly failed relationship that cost her her first baby. Yes, she's been burnt, and now she's afraid to open to anyone. And whle she is working hard to denay any attraction to Lord, her heart had other ideas.I also liked that Lord's family is portrayed as rich, powerful and influential but they still were loving people, mom who likes to cook and take care of her already grown children, dad who like his bbq, one wouldn't mix them with snobbs of society. I expected to find them being served with domestic help like stiff servants in white gloves.
There were some great visual and descrptive passages of the houses and interiors, I'd love to see some more of the scenery as to the landscape since this takes place in Africa and I think readers would love to see it on the page. I'm also very glad to see there is a modern Africa not just the hopelss destitute we see on TV on World Vision and UNICEF.
Great work, Empi. Looking forward to reading your next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Most Eligible Bachelor.