Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Cruel Sanctuary

Cruel Sanctuary by Tara  Leigh

bookshelves: best-books-of-march

description
descriptionI've been on a bit of a streak lately with awesome books. I pretty much LOVED every minute of this. I read a book by this author awhile back (ROCK KING) and enjoyed it quite a lot. I am not sure why I didn't continue with that series, but I am certainly glad I went with my gut and signed up for an early copy of this book. It had everything I LOVE in a romance book, and none of the cliché crap I hate. (lol)

description
So deets...I found this to be a well written and well paced. It was a relatively short book that took me around two hours (give or take) to finish. It was told in a dual POV format. The plot was engaging and held my attention throughout. I didn't find it particularly angsty. More like acrimonious foreplay. (lol) The sex scenes were smokin' hot. It had an intriguing cast of secondary characters. I ADORED both the main characters in this book. Damon's character is my favorite type of anti-hero. He was a bossy a$$hole. He was damaged. He was sexy as sin. However, underneath all that is lurking a decent human being that will protect Aislinn with his life. As much as I loved Damon, I LOVED Aislinn even more. Girl had a set of balls on her. (lol) She gave as good as she got. She wasn't a pushover. She was also sweet and kind. Together these two had OFF THE CHARTS on page chemistry. Last, it was all wrapped up in a whopper of a cliffhanger, and I am not above begging for book two ASAP!

description
SIDE NOTE: I've mentioned this before, and I want to mention it on this review as well. I really appreciate authors that can write a fantastic story that includes no pointless or cliché OW drama. Such was the case here. No, Damon wasn't a saint (and thank the lord Aislinn wasn't a virgin), but their sexual pasts didn't play a third character, nor was there even a BLIP of OW drama. So I am giving the author props for that, and I hope book two continues to be OW free.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruel Sanctuary.

March 4, 2019 – Shelved
March 4, 2019 – Shelved as: march-arcs-to-review
March 17, 2019 – Started Reading
March 19, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 21, 2019 – Shelved as: best-books-of-march

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• I can’t wait to read this one!!!!! Glad you enjoyed♥️

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "I can’t wait to read this one!!!!! Glad you enjoyed♥️"

Thanks, Sweets! Not too long of a wait now! ;D

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Wonderfully written review, Eve! I totally agree with your point on other woman drama. It's unnecessary sometimes, especially when it becomes sole contention between a couple.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ wrote: "Wonderfully written review, Eve! I totally agree with your point on other woman drama. It's unnecessary sometimes, especially when it becomes sole contention between a couple."

Thank you! Ya, OW stuff is SO overdone at this point.

Kate's Corner Fab review hun.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Great review, Eve. This sounds fab. <3 xo

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kate's Corner wrote: "Fab review hun."

Thanks, Doll! How are things with you?

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Great review, Eve. This sounds fab. <3 xo"

Thanks, Sweets! :D

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Terrific review, sweets!xx

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Diana wrote: "Terrific review, sweets!xx"

Thanks, Love! :D

message 11: by Kate's Corner (new)

Kate's Corner I just epically failed my first driving lesson but apart from that I'm dandy.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kate's Corner wrote: "I just epically failed my first driving lesson but apart from that I'm dandy."

Ugh, those things are a HUGE pain in the ass. One thing I don't miss from Canada is having to drive everywhere. (lol) You'll nail it next time!

message 13: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Yessss no v or op drama!!! Great review

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Darlene wrote: "Yessss no v or op drama!!! Great review"

HaHa, yes! I hate the "V". The author also said no OW drama in book two either. So bonus YAY! (lol)

message 15: by Kate's Corner (new)

Kate's Corner Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Kate's Corner wrote: "I just epically failed my first driving lesson but apart from that I'm dandy."

Thanks and you didn't read the second book of her other series because he is a man whore to the extreme.

message 16: by Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) (last edited Mar 20, 2019 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kate's Corner wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Kate's Corner wrote: "I just epically failed my first driving lesson but apart from that I'm dandy."

Ugh, those things are a HUGE pain in the ass. One ..."

OH YA!! I think the opening scene was him and two(?) other women after having sex, right?? (lol) That is probably why I skipped it. I wonder if the other books have any OW stuffs??

message 17: by Kate's Corner (new)

Kate's Corner Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Kate's Corner wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Kate's Corner wrote: "I just epically failed my first driving lesson but apart from that I'm dandy."

Ugh, those things are a HUGE..."

I think so

message 18: by Eyvette (new) - added it

Eyvette Abreu Awesome Review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Awesome Review Eve :)"

Thanks, Love! :D

message 20: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Fab review, Eve! Can't wait to read this 😊

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Chelsea wrote: "Fab review, Eve! Can't wait to read this 😊"

Thank you! It was SOOO deliciously good!