Jennifer's Reviews > DEV1AT3

DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff

bookshelves: arcs

I was really excited to read this since I couldn't wait to know what happened next after the plot twist that ended Lifel1k3.

This book focused more on Lemon Fresh's story and we get to know more details about her. I was confused by the new characters at first since there were a lot that were introduced in this book. But after a few chapters, I was already invested in them too!

Just like in Lifel1k3, this book had great characters! The new ones were just as loveable as the old favorites! Lemon Fresh has a new crew and it's interesting to see her have a love interest. It's not hard to root for her and Grim, and I can't wait how their relationship will progress in the next book.

I guess this book won't be complete without having intense fight scenes (especially during the last few chapters) as more plot twists and secrets were unveiled. I just have to say that the 3rd and final book in this trilogy is already one of my highly anticipated books for 2020! A gripping and exciting story about friendship, love, and justice.

"Friends are family in a world like this. And family is more important than anything under heaven."

"We never know what life will throw at us, Lemon," the old man said. "We never know where it will lead us. But we can know ourselves. And in knowing ourselves, we know the world."

"She hoped they'd all be okay. That one day, somehow, they'd all find their happy ending. She knew it was silly to hope. But in the end, it was all she had."

Soundtrack: Worth Fighting For by Taylor Henderson

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DEV1AT3.

March 4, 2019 – Shelved