Tiffany's Reviews > Keep You Close: A Novel

Keep You Close by Karen Cleveland

bookshelves: netgalley, review-published

How far would you go to protect your teenage child? So far that you are willing to bend or break legal boundaries and those you’ve vowed to uphold in your career at the FBI?

These are just a few of the moral dilemmas that Stephanie Maddox, veteran FBI agent and single mother of 17-year-old Zachary, is forced to face in Karen Cleveland’s sophomore thriller, Keep You Close.

The twist and turns abound in this novel, always something new and threatening around every corner. And at every turn, you are certain you have everything figured out. But you won’t know for sure until the last few pages. And unless you are a super sleuth, most likely, you’ll be wrong. I certainly was. I enjoyed the rapid pace of the story, though I did feel as though it was difficult at times to keep up with the multiple characters. Also, I know the constant struggles of the main character are central to the story, but I did feel at times that there was no one on her side, no one that she could trust or confide in and that was sad. This was one of those books that you are sure doesn’t have enough pages left to wrap things up satisfactorily, but Cleveland manages to do just that. In my opinion, this is not quite as good as her first novel, I would still recommend it to someone looking for a fast-paced suspense novel that touches on federal government procedures, familial relationships, and how your choices can effect your life in ways you’d never imagine.

I give this book four stars and thank NetGalley for providing me with this e-book in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keep You Close.

March 4, 2019 – Shelved