Marcia's Reviews > The Second Chance Rancher

The Second Chance Rancher by Kate Pearce

Kate Pearce is one of my favorite authors. I adore the characters and settings of Morgan Ranch and Morgantown.

This is the first book in a new series, concentrating on the Morgan's neighbors, the Millers. The Miller's mother left her 6 children when they were young. I image that the other books in the series will each concentrate on one of them. In the last book, Cauy Laymond came back to Morgan Valley, after he inherited the family ranch, which was a puzzlement, since his father hated him, and as it turned out, that was because he wasn't his biological father. Mark Laymond hated the Morgans (and almost everyone else), but Cauy ends up engaged to to Rachel Morgan. Cauy offered half ownership of the ranch to his brother Jackson, who had just finished 10 years in the air force, and was at lost ends. Jackson comes home, but is not sure exactly what he wants to do, as he is carrying some issues from his service. However, he is attracted to neighbor Daisy Miller. After returning home after burn out from working in Silicon Valley, Daisy is running the family floral shop. However, in secret, she is also working on another start up project in Silicon Valley with her team, something which could save lives. While attracted to Jackson, she is afraid to get involved with another man after her college sweetheart had died. In the hopes of eventually wearing her down, Jackson agrees to a fake relationship. Sadly, instead of actually communicating and talking about their feelings to avoid misunderstanding, they both misread the other and argue a lot, almost blowing their second chance for happiness. Still it is a very entertaining read and they do get their HEA.

I received a free, advanced copy of this book from NetGalley.com. This is my unbiased and voluntary review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Chance Rancher.

March 4, 2019 – Shelved