Fanna's Reviews > DARK BLOSSOM

DARK BLOSSOM by Neel Mullick

72205668
Dark Blossom is a story that converges the lives of two people who are dealing with their own set of problems but can understand each other better because of it. A therapist, Cynthia, who is struggling to bring her relationship with her daughter back on track and a father, Sam, who is grieving his son and wife's death by a car accident.

The best aspect of this story was certainly the focus on mental health; the need for someone close to understand what might be affecting their loved one and the need for those problems to be addressed. The progression of a deteriorating mental health as influenced by certain events in the character's life and the importance of conversing about it with someone.

Sometimes, when we come up against a wall, we've got to plant our roots deep down like a tree and grow over the wall to get to a better place.

It has a surprising twist and that makes the entire story more fulfilling so it's best to go in blindly and let the events be unfolded by themselves. The writing is commendable since it encompasses the natural narration of a mother (Cynthia) and even her realizations or tactics as a therapist. The pacing is perfection since it sets up the climax in a gradual manner and that makes it all the more surprising. The plot and storyline are definitely dark but isn't that too evident from the title? There's no complaining there!

I received a physical copy of this via the author himself. Thank you, Neel Mullick and Rupa Publications!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DARK BLOSSOM.

March 4, 2019 – Shelved
April 26, 2019 –
page 55
April 26, 2019 –
page 82
36.61% " Sometimes, when we come up against a wall, we've got to plant our roots deep down like a tree and grow over the wall to get to a better place "
April 26, 2019 – Finished Reading