Rachel's Reviews > Meet Cute

liked it
bookshelves: arc, dual-multiple-pov, reviewed
Recommended to Rachel by: NetGalley

⭐️⭐️⭐️

I’ll start with judging a book by its cover and Meet Cute’s cover art is so... well, cute - particularly the U.K. edition with the purple background - I just love it. Having said that, I don’t feel as though the cover art or the book’s title reflect the tone of the story - they give the impression of a lighthearted, rom-com but the theme of the book is far too weighty for it to be categorised as such.

The premise of Meet Cute sounded perfect for me - I’m a big fan of second chance romances - unfortunately the plot, particularly the villain of the piece, was predictable and the whole book was full of cliches.

Now for the characters, the relationship between Kailyn and Daxton developed at a believable pace - it wasn’t insta-love, which made it feel authentic. However, I can’t say the same for the characters themselves - they were likeable and had good chemistry, but maybe I just didn’t identify with them because they felt a little two dimensional to me. Also, although the story is told from dual POVs, I didn’t get a sense of uniqueness from their individual narratives.

Overall Meet Cute was an easy read, one that didn’t require much brainpower, and although it won’t be making it to my personal favourites list, I’ve no doubt that for the most part it will be extremely popular.

***ARC generously provided by Little, Brown Book Group UK, via NetGally, in exchange for an honest review***

#MeetCute #NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet Cute.

March 4, 2019 – Shelved
March 4, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 4, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
March 10, 2019 – Started Reading
March 13, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 17, 2019 – Shelved as: dual-multiple-pov
March 26, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Cherry Bob*omb I am struggling to finish it and whole-heartedly agree with this review!

Rachel Cherry Bob*omb wrote: "I am struggling to finish it and whole-heartedly agree with this review!"

I know what you mean, I probably would’t have stuck with it until the end if I wasn’t obligated to review it.