Dora (Swift Coffee Book Blog)'s Reviews > Me, Myself & Ideas: The Ultimate Guide to Brainstorming Solo

Me, Myself & Ideas by Carrie Anton

liked it

I have to admit that it took me way more time than just 1 hour to read this one. I’m not sure it was so much more put all the time I spent with it together, but I simply couldn’t read it in one sitting. Not that it’s long, or hard to digest. It’s not. But I expected something light and inspiring, and I’m not sure that’s what I got. In a way, yes, it’s exactly that: there are relatively short texts and many things are explained via illustrations, and the aim is clearly to give step by step tips to inspire creativity. However, it felt hard to concentrate on it after a while. I don’t know if it’s the style or the length or the fact that I’m not completely sure creativity works this way, but I didn’t feel inspired to wanting to have ideas at all. I just wanted to stop reading and doing something else – or simply reading something else.
It does not mean that I found this book completely useless! There are tips and methods I really think would be helpful when someone’s (even I’m) stuck and needs to speed up their brain, but in general I think it’s suitable for a ‘save the day when I’ m not in the mood for ideas, yet I have to come up with something very soon’ situation, and not an everyday method to use for having genius ideas. And, at least considering the people I see around me in my life, most of the tips are only working when you have an incredible amount of free time on your hand – which is something most people don’t.

Anyways, I gave this book 3 stars, as in maybe I recommend it – because there are a couple of useful tips, and it might work better for some people than for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me, Myself & Ideas.

March 4, 2019 – Started Reading