Roma's Reviews > Mother Knows Best

Publisher: Crooked Lane Books

Publish Date: 10 September 2019

Genre: Medical Fiction, Thriller, Drama

My Take: 5/5

Summary:

The story is about Claire, a person who is obsessed to become a Mother and to have a healthy baby since she lost her first kid due to genetical defect. The story is about Abby, the healthy girl child which claire has. Ethan, Claire’s husband and the one who wishes to run by set rules. Nash, a genius scientist. Jillian, a lady obsessed with making it big.

My Take:

I Thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing with me with an ARC of this wonderful and intriguing tale. I have always been a lover of fast paced books and this is just perfect. The pace of the book doesn’t let you breathe and you just wish to go on with the book.

The story is written from 3 perspectives i.e. Claire, Abby and Jillian, however, maintaining the distinguishing features of each character. The transition between the narrative of characters is seamless and flawless. In all, perfect characterisation with apt depth.

The plot is amazing and keeps you glued to the twists n turns coming next. I won’t say it’s unpredictable, coz I could predict around 50% of the story but the additional twists were perfect and makes the story very intriguing.

The thrill part is well maintained throughout the book. The story doesn’t falter at any place. I could find 2 editing errors but this can easily be ignored considering the brilliant writing. The medical terms are used in such a manner which didn’t feel alien to anyone.

The ending is apt and leaves you with a feeling of completeness. I would be able to sleep peacefully and not feel sorry for any character. What’s wonderful in the book is that I didn’t find any antagonists. All the characters behaved driven by their strong desires to achieve something.

A great read for all Thriller fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mother Knows Best.

March 4, 2019 – Started Reading