Ann Lou's Reviews > The Girl in the Moss

The Girl in the Moss by Loreth Anne White

Angie's life is a mess.  The fallout of her personal investigation into her past cost her, her badge.  You can write a textbook about her childhood trauma. Being a cop is all she knows.  So, if she's not a cop, then who is she?

Her relationship with Maddocks is also on the rocks.  Her fear of abadonment is weighing heavy on her.  But Maddocks is a rescuer at heart.  I admit, I didn't warm up to him in the last two books but he has me in this one.

Then, Angie is hired for a cold case.  A decades old case.  A skeletal remains in the moss which Angie and Maddocks are vacationing has been found.  Is it really an accidental drowning or more sinister?

This one blew me away.  The mystery kept me guessing till the end.  At around 80%, I was holding my breath.  Definitely, my favorite in the series. Angie deserves some peace and calm after being through so much.  I am really curious about Holgersen.  He is an oddball but I would have love to get to read about his backstory.

Ms. White can write.  The way she describes things and the scenery makes you feel like you're in that place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Moss.

March 3, 2019 – Started Reading