Aubrey- CGSR's Reviews > Slashes in the Snow : A Baum Squad novel

Slashes in the Snow  by M. Never

it was ok
bookshelves: arc, biker-books, dual-pov, stepsibling

2 out of 5 'So disappointed' Stars

It pains me to type this review right now. I am a huge fan of M. Never but this story and the prequel were such letdowns. I had such high hopes.

Ky and Kira were mentioned in the prequel, Snowfall. Ky is the son of Gerard who falls for Kristen, Kira's mom. So we start this story off on the taboo side with Ky being Kira's stepbrother. I know that the stepbrother theme has been beaten to death but I was hoping that maybe M. Never had some saucy spin on the overused sub-genre. Uh, that would be a no.

I hate when I don't like one or both of the main characters. Kira and Ky just didn't do it for me. I usually like my heroine leads to be strong in mind and spirit and Kira was neither of these things. I just couldn't get into her. She was annoying. All 'I don't want Ky. I only want his help.' one minute and 'Omg I can't stop thinking about him putting his hands on me' the next. And Ky was NOTHING like a badass biker should be. He was soft and sensitive and caring. I never got the impression that he was a ruthless bastard. There were some parts where Ky acted pretty asshole-ish but it never lasted and he always felt guilty right afterward and tried to apologize. Uh, yeah. Pretty badass. (Not)

So I have all this negative stuff that I said so far, how did it get 2 stars? Well, the story was pretty standard and nothing really wow'd me but it read quickly. And I'm giving it bonus points for that. For not dragging it on. Thank you for that. This one just wasn't my cuppa.

Happy Reading!!
*Reviewer for Country Gals Sexy Reads*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slashes in the Snow .

March 3, 2019 – Started Reading