Natacha Ramos's Reviews > Remember God

Remember God by Annie F. Downs

liked it

When the author was thinking about who this book was for, it surprised her to realize she was picturing herself as the audience. That surprised me. It made me wonder what kind of book I would write for myself. Maybe one similar to this one. I would probably write a story with an imperfect ending. A story of unresolved questions. A story of how I learned to trust God in the unknown.

Simply put, sometimes God uses a book to heal the author, not only the readers.

Also, I read the book while listening to the author in the audiobook. It was so much fun. She says every word with so much passion. I could feel every step of her journey. It helped me laugh and cry with her.

Now, I don’t fully agree with the author’s interpretation of the events during that year. However, I admire her courage to tell truth as she sees it.

I believe God showed up for her at the right time. The special moment described in the last chapter brought tears to my eyes. I believe it was God’s doing because it sounded like Him. He’s that sweet. He loves us that much. It helped me remember the truths about Him I know deep in my heart.

That moment makes the book worth reading, just as she promised. I’m thankful for God’s faithfulness is Annie’s life. It reminds me how He’s also been faithful in mine.

**I received a copy of this book from B&H Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember God.

February 28, 2019 – Started Reading