Abbie's Reviews > The Cowboy Tutor

The Cowboy Tutor by Linda Ford

Feb 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: western-romance, christian-historical-fiction, 2012, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed

Madge is the middle daughter and with her father dead and a horrible drought and bad economic times she is the one keeping the family a float and trying to keep the mortgage paid each month so they don’t lose there home. Madge goes to pay the banker and finds there is not enough money and she soon finds out why. Her mom has hired a tutor for her older sister with hopes of him becoming her sisters husband.

Judd is after revenge for his family. He take the job tutoring Louisa thinking it’s the perfect way to keep track of the man he is after as well as staying busy. Though the one catching his eye is not his pupil but Madge. If she finds out the truth will she be able to trust him? Will Judd be able to forgive the man who did his family wrong and will they both find true love? Read the book to find out.

This is book one in the series about three sisters. This book was okay but not as good as I had hoped.

What I liked: The author is a good writer and I enjoyed the characters. The time period of the early 1930’s is not an era I have read a lot about so I found it interesting. How hard everyone had to work to survive at that time was pretty heart breaking.

What I don’t like: The story line was hard for me to get into. Madge’s family barely had enough money to pay the mortgage yet her mom hired a tutor. They talked about how the money was for the ad but I would figure it would cost more then room and board to pay for it. The revenge story line was kind of weak and there was really no climax to the story. I really finished the book feeling kind of blah about the whole book.

I did like the writing style and think for me it was just the storyline it’s self I just did not enjoy it. I did like the characters and look forward to reading the next book in the series to see what happens to the other sisters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cowboy Tutor.