Naomi Wilson's Reviews > Immunity

Immunity by Erin Bowman

bookshelves: 2019-pop-sugar-reading-challenge

I'm going to assume you read Contagion already. If not you should, it's terrifying and amazing. Also, it really helps to read the first book in a duology. Here's a super quick recap if you didn't. Thea's on a team that goes on a mission to a mining planet, once there all hell breaks lose. There is an unknown, deadly contagion loose on the planet that spreads through bodily fluids, and turns people into zombies. Everyone on the mining planet is already zombies except for one teenage boy, Coen. Teenagers are perfect hosts for the contagion, and it gives them super powers instead zombifying them. Teenage Thea gets turned into a host by host Coen. Everyone else on the team except the pilot, Nova, dies. Thea, Coen, and Nova blow ship up and escape the planet. Then the evil government/radicals kidnap them. ….Cliffhanger.....

Immunity picks right up where Contagion left off. Our three heroes are held captive by the Radicals. Thea and Coen are being experimented on, and Nova is in recovery with the assistance of the Radical doctor's friendly daughter. The radicals are planning chemical warfare against the union and someone has to stop them. So... learn new tricks, escape the villains, make new friends, and stop a war.

Immunity was just as fast paced, action packed, and high staked as the first book, but it increases the romance and decreases the terror. It did have a satisfying conclusion. However, there was one character that I felt didn't have a resolved ending. (Hint: she had the biggest losses) But for the most part I really like Immunity, I just liked Contagion better.

Goodreads 2019 Challenge: A book with no chapters, unusual chapter headings, or unconventionally numbered chapters, the story is told in 10 parts
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immunity.

March 3, 2019 – Shelved