Noa ☾'s Reviews > Love & Other Curses

Love & Other Curses by Michael Thomas Ford

it was ok
bookshelves: young-adult, arcs, 2019-releases, disappointments, read-in-2019, reviewed

*ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

This was such a disappointment.

The story in itself wasn't bad. I liked the plot, the characters seemed cool and diverse (drag, trans and gay rep) which was amazing. There were some elements that would've made me absolutely love this book which is why this is super bittersweet. This book had a real opportunity to win me over : it has magic, multidimensional characters, great rep that I had never seen before (it's my fault 100%).

But that's not how it turned out.

The MC ruined the book for me. His behavior was so out-of-line and gross I could not get over it. If you want more details : (view spoiler)

We were never given answers to some question which pissed me off (view spoiler)

The magic elements I thought were so interesting and I wanted to see more of it. Honestly, if it weren't for the actions of the MC, this book could've been a 3.5 or 4 stars.

Brb being sad about this book.

💫Keep up with me on my blog! 💫

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love & Other Curses.

March 3, 2019 – Started Reading
March 3, 2019 – Shelved
March 3, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
March 3, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs
March 3, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-releases
March 25, 2019 –
68.0% "um this has taken such a weird turn and i kind of want to DNF it. the MC did really despicable thing to his love interest ?? because the love interest doesn't like him back ?? like get a grip ?? and then he tries to justify his behavior to his friends and i'm-"
March 27, 2019 – Shelved as: disappointments