Maria's Reviews > Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe

Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe by Preston Norton

bookshelves: best-books-teens-2019, yalsa-librarian-choice-awards, sale-book, contemporary, teen

Cliff is known at Happy Valley High School as Neanderthal. He's picked on by everyone, even though he's huge and he's still dealing with the death of his older brother. Aaron Zimmerman, is one of the worst, as quarterback. When Zimmerman has a near-death experience and wakes up from a coma with a list from God of the things that Aaron and Cliff have to fix in their school.

Why I started this book: I checked this book out a month ago and it's waited patiently in my stack at home... then last night out of guilt, I picked it up to read a chapter or two before bed.

Why I finished it: This book grabbed me by the heart and didn't let go. Cliff was such a well written character learning to be strong. I was crying and laughing within the first couple of pages and didn't stop until the end. And I literally stayed up too late to finish this book because I couldn't put it down.

Reader advisory: Heavy swearing, suicide and bullying

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe.

March 2, 2019 – Shelved